Ogg Vorbis-Potato

Good day all.  I'm running a pretty straight 2.2.r2 release.  I would like
to install all the Ogg Vorbis stuff and start encoding my CD's, but I don't
want to upgrade to Woody yet, as the two times I have tried my system
became, as the deb states, unstable.  Is there a way to install Ogg Vorbis
on a Potato system running it through the package system, or should I just
download the tarballs from the vorbis web site?  I am really happy with my
setup right now and don't want to start over.  Thanks,

-Lang