DHCP problems

A heads-up for anyone experiencing network connectivity problems.
It seems that both the 'testing' and the 'unstable' debian trees are
missing the 'dhcpcd' utility. I spent the better part of 5 hours (I am
new to this ...) figuring out why I couldn't connect to my cable ISP.
Turns out that dhcp wasn't working. It was working just fine until I
recently did a apt-get dist-upgrade instead of the normal apt-get
upgrade I have been using before. For some reason or other this
removed dhcpcd (does a file get removed if it isn't in the
distribution tree any more ?). After a LOT of digging (hey, I now know
how to set up ethernet connectivity without DHCP) I found the problem
- the missing dhcpcd program.
I don't know who I should tell about this so it gets fixed in the
distribution so I am posting this here.

Jens