Re: [OT] Linux palmtop computers?

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 07:30:30AM +0800, csj wrote:

> Now that you two mentioned them, I find it curious that both the YOPY
> and the Agenda VR3 (for virtual reality??)  claim to be the first
> Linux-based PDAs. Both seem to be in short physical supply, though
> the YOPY mockups show it to be a gorgeous color model.
>
> The Compaq product (dis)appears to be even worse, more of a proof of
> concept thing.

The yopy and agenda are both available for developers. But not as a
general public thing. (Not that you have to be anything special to get
one, just fork over the cash, but they (or at least the agenda) are 'not
ready for prime time' yet. I got the agenda, and it's fun to play with
and dev for, but it's not replacing my palm pilot anytime soon.

--
Jim Richardson
	Anarchist, pagan and proud of it