Re: pam issuing cron login messages to every consol WHY!

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 01:32:40PM -0800, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> on Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 10:32:27AM -0600, John Foster (jfoster@augustmail.com) wrote:
> > I have upgreaded to testing and have now got pam sending login messages
> > to every consol screen for every cron login. What is with this? How do I
> > get rid of it? It used to mail them to root.
>
> Redirect your syslog output.  I tend to park mine on VT 12.  See
> appropriate manpages (syslog, ksyslogd) for info.

Sorry, wrong answer. I had the same problem with properly configured
syslog-ng, and playing with config files didn't help. I ended up
commenting out the "log { source(src); filter(f_cron); destination(cron); };"
line in syslog-ng.conf.

Dima
--
E-mail dmaziuk at bmrb dot wisc dot edu (@work) or at crosswinds dot net (@home)
I'm going to exit now since you don't want me to replace the printcap. If you