Re: A fact & a problem

vdemart@supereva.it () writes:

> Is there anyone out there able to explain how come, installing
> Debian potato on my desktop, Debian is unable to find my ethernet
> Realtek 8139 PCI card while even Red Hat 6.0 was able to?

What do you mean with "is unable to find"? Debian doesn't have tools,
which automatically install your hardware, yet. Or do you mean the
driver, rtl8139 can't find the card?

> I need to compile the module for the Realtek ethernet card which I
> downloaded from a linux site (rltk8139.c).

You mean rtl8139.c, right? Why can't you use the included rtl839
driver?

	moritz
--
Moritz Schulte <moritz@chaosdorf.de> http://www.chaosdorf.de/moritz/