IDE burning

Hello,
I'm using an IDE mitsumi cr-480te cd burner.
I've recompiled my kernel with scsi generic, scsi emulation and scsi cdrom
support in the kernel (2.2.17 on potato)
When I'm trying to burn using cdrecord or xcdroast (that's the same =), no
problem to configure; the cd is burnt, but the data is not transfered. and I
have an error message. Have I forgotten to do something, or is there a module
I haven't load?
Burning is the last thing I miss to migrate to a 100% GNU/linux debian
machine, so help me please =)
frederic