D-Link DFE-530TX+ via-rhine.o module

Hi,

I am extremely new to Linux and I hope I am not wasting bandwidth here, but here goes.

I have a D-Link DFE-530TX+ nic card that wasn't in the list when I installed. A source file was included on the floppy that came with the card for Red Hat and I attempted to compile it, but it puked on me with a number of error messages... I think it was expecting my kernel source to be in a certain place and it wasn't. Anyway, I did a little looking on the web and found several suggestions to use via-rhine.o. What I am wondering is whether there is already a .deb package I can run on my cd, or if I have to compile it myself and install it. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.