Re: Timezone/sustem time configuration?

On Sat Mar 17 21:59:45 2001 Eric G. Miller wrote...

>On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 09:13:04PM -0500, Stan Brown wrote:
>> I'm creating a new Debian machine, after a failry lengthy absence from
>> the comunity.
>>
>> I seem to have managed to get something mucked up about the timezoen
>> configuration.  I want teh hardware clock set to UTC, and the TZ
>> mdifier used to show current lcal time.
>>
>> What do I need to set up to get this right? At the moment I have the
>> correct timezoen in /etc/timezone, but the system persists in showing
>> UTC time.
>
>Run tzconfig.  It should set everything straight.

	Thanks, this seems to have gotten the offset from UTC correct, but when I run
	ntpdate, the hardware clock dose not get reset, to the curretn UTC time. Seems
	like I remeber that I had to run another task after btpdate to do this on
	former Debian machiens, is this correct? If so what is this other task?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.