Re: can't print from acroread

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 01:34:45PM -0800, Bob Nielsen wrote:

> I had a similar problem with only certain .pdf documents.  The error
> light on my Lexmark Optra E312 would flash when lpr was sending data to
> the printer and nothing was printed although there were no error
> messages.  I used pdftops to convert the file to .ps and noticed that
> the first line said "%!PS-Adobe-3.0".  My printer only handles PS

just a short note:
contrary to what one might think, the 3.0 in "%!PS-Adobe-3.0" does not
refer to the PostScript language level. Instead it states that the
PS document adheres to the Adobe DSC (document structuring conventions)
version 3.0 (with versioning independent from the PS level). The DSC
mainly specify the syntax and sematics of the "%%"-comments.

Erdmut

--
Erdmut Pfeifer
science+computing ag

-- Bugs come in through open windows. Keep Windows shut! --