Re: executable problem

Marcelo Chiapparini <chiappa@uerj.br> wrote:
>I've just compiled a FORTRAN program but I am unable to run the
>executable, because "bash: qhdiv0.e: command not found". I think
>this is because the present directory it is not in the PATH.

Just so you know why this is considered a bad idea: you might be in
/tmp, say, and want to see the contents of the directory, so you type
'ls'. What if some other user has created an executable in /tmp/ls? This
sort of thing is why people will advise you just to get used to typing
'./qhdiv0.e' instead.

Cheers,