Re: Reboot only w/ mouse - SOLVED

on Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 07:24:02PM -0500, Barry Mathieu (barkatbarry@mindspring.com) wrote:

> One of the responses concerning using a plam pilot to interface
> with my machine will need further investigation.

Essentially, you need a laplink (null) serial cable, appropriate
software for the palm (there's a VT100 emulation available from one of
the Palm download sites), and to be running a getty on your serial port.
With this, you can cable in the Palm as needed.

If you want to use this method, you pretty much have to dedicate the
port to the getty.  I don't think you can do other stuff (serial
devices, Palm synch) over it.  That's the downside.  Network is a
preferred solution.