Dell OptiPlex GX110

Hi,

	We received such a machine and I've installed Debian
testing/unstable on it.
	I'm running 2.4.3-pre4 and one problem I was not able to get
solved is for DMA/UltraDMA.
	The box has a Maxtor 20GB 7200rpm 5T020H2 model and whenever I
try to set the using_dma flag with hdparm I get an HDPIO_something not
permitted.
	Does anyone has a clue about this? How to enable DMA in this HD.
	The chipset is i810 with Intel Host Controller (ICH). The kernel
detects it correctly, but nothing else.
	I've tried to pass several parameters to kernel at boot with
little success (ide0=dma idebus=66 hda=autotune), that is, the bus speed
was set to 66MHz but DMA and PIO optimization were ignored at all, or at
least not set.
	TIA

[]s,
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21