Re: Debian and HP49G

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, David Z. Maze wrote:
> Glenn Becker <glenn@icarus.usanetworks.com> writes:
> GB> I just got an HP49G calculator ... purchased the "PC
> GB> Connectivity Kit" in a fairly clueless moment (clueless = not
> GB> thinking that the included software might be Windoze-only).
> GB>
> GB> Have found *some* Linux - HP calc connection stuff on
> GB> SourceForge, but was wondering if any Debian-ers are
> GB> successfully shunting stuff back and forth from Debian to an
> GB> HP48 or 49. Would be interested in ... how ... :-)
>
> Gosh...I haven't done this in years.  The one thing you do need from
> the HP kit is the strange serial cable that plugs into the
> calculator.  The HP48, at least, supported both xmodem and Kermit
> transfers, so I'd try installing the (non-free) ckermit package and
> trying to use that to move files around.  The last time I tried it
> was many years ago on a Slackware machine on the other side of the
> country, so... :-)

I've been doing this fairly recently (I have some boring classes where
games come in handy :) ).  Here is my ~/.kermrc (you have to be in
the group dialout to open /dev/ttyS1)

set port /dev/ttyS1
set speed 9600
set parity none
set file type binary
set carrier-watch off
robust

kermit can be a fairly annoying thing to use, so good luck.

Cheers,
Chris

--
Got jag?  http://www.tribsoft.com