Re: Debian and HP49G

Glenn Becker <glenn@icarus.usanetworks.com> writes:
GB> I just got an HP49G calculator ... purchased the "PC Connectivity Kit" in
GB> a fairly clueless moment (clueless = not thinking that the included
GB> software might be Windoze-only).
GB>
GB> Have found *some* Linux - HP calc connection stuff on SourceForge, but was
GB> wondering if any Debian-ers are successfully shunting stuff back and forth
GB> from Debian to an HP48 or 49. Would be interested in ... how ... :-)

Gosh...I haven't done this in years.  The one thing you do need from
the HP kit is the strange serial cable that plugs into the
calculator.  The HP48, at least, supported both xmodem and Kermit
transfers, so I'd try installing the (non-free) ckermit package and
trying to use that to move files around.  The last time I tried it was
many years ago on a Slackware machine on the other side of the
country, so... :-)

	-- Abra Mitchell