Re: nfs problems

oh, the test thing is because initially i thought it might have been a
problem with  trying to export a cdrom.   and i made a test dir and
export.   anyhow, i switched it back to the cdrom in both cases.

thneed:~# rpcinfo -p
   program vers proto   port
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
    100021    1   udp  32768  nlockmgr
    100021    3   udp  32768  nlockmgr
    100024    1   udp    895  status
    100024    1   tcp    897  status
    100003    2   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    2   tcp   2049  nfs
    100005    1   udp    906  mountd
    100005    2   udp    906  mountd
    100005    1   tcp    909  mountd
    100005    2   tcp    909  mountd

the server shows that, so it looks like everything is running alright to
me, and the client still has

grickle:~# mount /nfscdrom
mount: 192.168.1.10:/cdrom failed, reason given by server: Permission
denied

i never had any problems with the nfs-kernel-server, but since this is a
2.4 machine, i don't think thats an option, is it?

--
Forrest English
http://truffula.net

"When we have nothing left to give