Re: nfs problems

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Forrest English wrote:

> ok, here's what i do on the server.
>
> /etc/exports file contains
> /cdrom 192.168.2.30
>
> and the client's fstab contains....
> 192.168.1.10:/cdrom /nfscdrom nfs rsize=1024,wsize=1024 0 0
>
> i on the server, i then did...  /etc/init.d/nfs-server reload
>
> and mounting on the client reports....
>
> grickle:~# mount /nfscdrom
> mount: thneed:/test failed, reason given by server: Permission denied
Hmm, you try to mount /cdrom on the server, but it reports that you try to
mount /test. Have you loaded nfs-common-utils? What does 'rpcinfo -p' on
the server say? At least rpc.mountd and rpc.nfsd should have been
loaded. Also did I discover that sometimes portmapper is not load
automatically, so by doing:
/etc/init.d/portmapper restart
/etc/init.d/nfs-common restart
/etc/init.d/nfs-server restart

and
rpcinfo -p should display something like:
10000	2	tcp	111	portmapper
10000	2	ucp	111	portmapper
389	2	tcp	???	mountd
389	2	ucp	???	mountd
385	2	tcp	???	nfsd
385	2	ucp	???	nfsd

I cannot remember exactly, just check the most right colom.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan