Re: realplayer 8 won't install via apt

on Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 04:49:56PM -0800, kmself@ix.netcom.com (kmself@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
> on Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 04:27:09PM -0800, Denzil Kelly (cyberonyx1@yahoo.com) wrote:
> > I am having troble installing real player 8. apt
> > doesn't work. It is unable to complete the
> > installation because it say's that I am in a
> > non-interactive mode. Does anyone know what this mean?
>
> See my posts on this topic here in the past week.

Briefly:

  - dpkg-reconfigure debconf:  selectin interactive mode.

If this causes problems:

For debconf, upgrade to the latest unstable (0.9.x), which goes without
a hitch (thanks, Joey).

For RealPlayer, the !@#$%^&*() installation still wasn't working
(nonzero exit status in postinst [1]), so I did a 'dpkg -i' on the
debianized RPM:

    - Download realplayer RPM.
    - $ fakeroot alien $realplayerRPM
    - $ sudo dpkg -i $realplayerDEB