recurring problem w/ installing packages

A BWNFSd failure comes up with every package I try to install or
remove--even with itself.  I don't know what BWNFSd has to do with
anything other than itself and its dependencies.  I'd love to use
Debian, but right now, I'm at a stand-still.  Thanks in advance, folks!
This clip was me trying to install gpm, but as I said before, it's with
any package with dselect or apt or whatever.

[copy-n-paste]
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
Sorry, gpm is already the newest version
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
1 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Setting up bwnfsd (2.3-3) ...
Starting BWNFS daemon:
Starting BWNFS daemon: clntupd_create: RPC: Program not registered
dpkg: error processing bwnfsd (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 255
 bwnfsd

Thank you,
Mario Lombardo