Re: konqueror is not loading .gif

>Hi
>    I run Sid/2.4.2 and KDE 2.1.1 (or whatever version corresponds to sid)
>
>    The problem is that konkeror is not loading images (i believe that does not
>load .gif only, .jpg are loaded ok). I have been seeking dselect but were
>unable to find something relevant. Also it could be a qt problem???
>
>    Before upgrading to sid, under woody i have had the same problem (it was
>something i installed, because at the begining i have had no problem)

Are you running the Debian package for QT or your own compiled version? Reason
being, there is a flag in compiling QT for support of gif images. It's because
of copyright issues... I'm running the Debian QT package(s) (and KDE on Sid) and
have had no problems with gif images.

Anyway, do any KDE or QT programs support gif images? If not, I'd reinstall you
QT packages.

This question is probably more appropriate for the debian-kde mailing list BTW:)
You should probably subscribe to it if you're running KDE and unstable.

Scott