Re: dpkg bug?

Quoting Tim Bedding (tim.bedding@polyhedra.com):
> Dave Wright wrote
> > ..so you can't install lib6g_3.3.6-11potato15.deb.
> > So remove libxaw6 first.
>
> xlib6g depends on libxaw6. So I would have to force
> that remove too.

Yes, looking more carefully at the Packages files, your new xlib6g
is really just a pseudopackage to give you a method of getting xlibs
and libxaw6 installed when you upgrade from the old xlib6g package
(which is a real package). So you're going to have to get rid of
all three new ones before installing the old one.

Downgrading is often not as easy as upgrading as it's the exception.
Just don't do it while X is running...

Cheers,