A SSH question.

I understand that this is not a Debian specific question but I'm
hoping someone out there will be kind and explain this one in
short easy to understand words. :) I'm trying to ssh into my
Debian box on a DSL line setting behind a floppyfw based firewall.
When I am at home I can SSH into that box from my Wife's winders
box using Terraterm witht he ttssh stuff. Of course this is not
going through the firewall but I know that ssh works. Now on the
box at my house if I do this ssh -L 9000:myinternetaddress:22
myinternaladdress It connects to WinterMute (My Debian box)
nicely. AFAIK at that point it is going through the floppyfw based
firewall to connect. Would that be right or do I need to do
something else to test this. Now when I come to work and try to do
Terraterm with the same command line options it fails. Does anyone
know why or what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.