Re: gdm login

Hi,

I had a similar problem once, and that seemed to be an Xauthority problem.
Did you use xdm to login before installing gdm? If so, did it work fine? If
it worked fine, then the problem lies somewhere else. If you didn't use xdm
before, try to start X and run some app from an xterm window, like:

$ emacs

If it complains that you don't have access to the display and
refuses to start the app, than it's obviously a problem with Xauthority, and
has to do with your .Xauthority file. If this is the problem, then I'm sorry
to say that I don't remember how I solved it (it was a while ago:-), but I'm
sure someone on the list can help. If this is not the problem, I'm afraid I
can't help.

adios,

Gudmundur