Re: xmh crashes

--- Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com> wrote:
> Robert,
>
> > me-e comes with emacs, or does it need to be installed?
> > Have been using RMAIL, and have considered Gnus after hearing good
> > about it.
>
>   I cc'd this back to debian-user as I hope that others may also find
>   it to be of use. I hope you don't mind.
>
>   mh-e has come with Emacs since 19.29 or so. ...

Not at all, don't mind. Since debian-user is a hi-volume list,
didn't want to "clog" it with questions I could answer myself.

Last Sunday I handed a Toshiba T4700CT laptop back to a fellow LA
Free-Net user, who will give it to a Vietnamese friend.  There's <80MB
free space on HDD, so installing Emacs wasn't feasible.  Now that I know
xmh is "ancient," we'll replace it with exmh.  I wonder whether that
swap can be done to Debian itself, through task-x-window-system (X
Window
System (complete)).

As for me, would like to keep using emacs with something other than
RMAIL.  Have used mh years ago on a Sun network (SUnix, Syracuse
University's UNIX).  Have not used Gnus, which is the next step.
When I'm familiar with gnus, will be able to return to your email
regarding using mh-e and gnus in concert (printed a copy of it).

Much appreciated,
Robert
* * *