Re: xmh crashes

Robert,

> me-e comes with emacs, or does it need to be installed?
> Have been using RMAIL, and have considered Gnus after hearing good
> about it.

  I cc'd this back to debian-user as I hope that others may also find
  it to be of use. I hope you don't mind.

  mh-e has come with Emacs since 19.29 or so. I happened to have
  written the manual, so I know that if you use `C-h i m mh-e RET,'
  you'll get a nice tutorial to get you up to speed quickly. Note that
  the mailing list info is out of date (mh-e is now maintained at
  SourceForge, see http://mh-e.sourceforge.net/). An update to the
  manual will appear in Emacs 21.1, but in the meantime, you can get
  the updated version http://www.ics.uci.edu/~mh/book/mh-e/.
  Otherwise, the info version is the same.

  I use both mh-e and gnus in concert. I hope to document this
  symbiosis in the mh-e manual someday. I use procmail to inject the
  messages into gnus. The gnus manual tells all, but if you get stuck,
  let me know and I'll forward some of my configuration to you.

  The MH FAQ (which I also edit ;-) includes information on
  converting the BABYL files to MH folders:
  http://www.faqs.org/faqs/mail/mh-faq/part1/preamble.html

Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and mh-e. Vote Libertarian!