Re: Several questions

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 12:47:59AM +0100, alberto_yope@navegalia.com wrote:
> How do I install KDE (if it?s a good idea to do so)?

If you're tracking unstable, the commands are:

apt-get update
apt-get install task-kde

This *should* install KDE 2.1, which is, IMHO, rather slick.

> Is there any command I can use to know which C compilers I have
> installed?

Hmm...Since I don't do much work with C, I'm not familiar with the
intricacies of the various compilers.  I do know that gcc and egcs are
popular options in that area though - perhaps a:

dpkg -s gcc

or

dpkg -s egcs

would give you the information you're looking for (if you're looking
for info about the compiler(s) themselves...to see if either is
installed, you could always try a:

dpkg -l | grep gcc

or

dpkg -l | grep egcs