Programs in /usr/local/ and `apt-get'

Hello,

I have put a more recent version of WINE and a copy of Netscape4 from
the Netscape site onto my otherwise, strict potato system. I had
various reasons for doing this and put both packages into the
/usr/local/ hierarchy.

I would like to let `apt-get' know two things: (1) Don't muck with with
WINE and Netscape, and (2) That it can download other packages that
depend on WINE or Netscape.

I've tried looking through the man page and at the guide, but have
not found out how to do this. (Which does not necessarily mean the
information is not there <g>)