Re: apt-get problems

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001 18:32:23 Pollywog wrote:
> I have the following in my /etc/apt/sources.list but they no longer seem
> to work and I don't know why.
> I can access these via the web just not with apt.
>
> deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> deb ftp://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian unstable contrib main non-free

Okay here is the strange part:

deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free

is on both my laptop and desktop.  The laptop updates normally but the
desktop complains

Err ftp://ftp.debian.org unstable/contrib Release

  Data transfer failed, server said 'Data connection error: Input/output
error  '
Get:9 ftp://ftp.debian.org unstable/non-free Packages [73.3kB]

Get:10 ftp://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/non-free Release

Get:11 ftp://nonus.debian.org unstable/non-US/main Release

Ign ftp://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/non-free Release

Ign ftp://nonus.debian.org unstable/non-US/main Release

Hit ftp://nonus.debian.org unstable/non-US/contrib Sources

94% [2 unstable/main gzip 4259840] [9 unstable/non-free 0/73.3kB 0%]
                                                127kB/s 0s
gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
Err ftp://ftp.debian.org unstable/main Packages

  Sub-process gzip returned an error code (1)

Anyone have an idea what this problem is?

thanks

--
Andrew