Configuring DHCPD

I am trying to figure out how to correctly configure my network so that dhcpd will start automaticlally on my firewall/router box.

The situation:
I have a box with 2 Linksys (tulip) based cards in it, one (eth0) grabs an address from my ISP (using dhcp-client).  the other (eth1) is supposed to receive requests from my internal network and provide dynamic addresses.  The problem is that both interfaces are setup to 'broadcast'.  This means that when I do '/etc/init.d/dhcp start' that dhcpd tries to start on eth0, and dies.  I can easily solve this by putting 'dhcpd eth1' into my /etc/init.d/dhcp file.  Except....I just switched over to running Gibraltar (www.gibraltar.at) which is basically a minimal  Woody install done onto CD (so that I don't need a HD anymore).  The problem here is that /etc/init.d and all the files underneath are burnt onto the CDROM.  Anyhow, I could fix it there and burn a new CDROM, but I was hoping to find out: (a) Can I tell eth0 to not be in 'broadcast' mode, and what does this mean?  and (b) is there a way to configure dhcpd to only look at eth1 from inside /etc/dhcpd.conf (which is stored on the configuration floppy, and which I can modify to me heart's content?

In general, Gibraltar is setup with /etc being read into a ramdisk off of a configuration floppy, so I can change most everything in /etc.  But a few directories are linked back to the CDROM, and init.d is one of them.

Thanks,
.Geoff

Thanks,
.Geoff