Re: framebuffer - how to enable for kernel 2.4?

Erik Steffl wrote:
>   I cannot find where to configure kernel to compile frambuffer device -
> which option should I use? I have read Documentation/fb but it does not
> say anything about how to configure kernel. I have found CONFIG_FB in
> drivers/video?makefile - but can't find where it should be set. I guess
> it must be one of the settings in .config (or arch/i386/config.in) but
> cannot find anything that would look like related to fb.

When you do make menuconfig (or xconfig, or config - whichever you happen to
use) you must say yes to the "Prompt for development and/or incomplete
code/drivers" option, which is under the "Code maturity level options"
selection in the menuconfig variant - not sure where it is with the others.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.