debian and 3rd-party certifications

Hi all,

I recently had to set up and configure a linux-box at our company. I
naturally wanted to take the best UNIX ever made, debian linux, but I
was told that i had to use redhat, because veritas netbackup client is
only certified to work with redhat. My argument, that if it runs on
redhat, I will get it also to run under debian was cancelled, because
of support questions. So my question is: How to get debian certified
as a recommended netbackup platform? I think it is very importatnt for
the success of debian in the server-market to get these
certifications.

Greetings, Christoph