Re: named: suddenly "NSTATS" messages in syslog?

On Thu, 08 Mar 2001 14:40:23 -0300 (BRT), Carlos Laviola wrote:

>>>there is nothing wrong, named is just reporting it's statistics. no need
>>>to panic.
>>
>> Well, yes, thought so, BUT why did it suddenly start? I mean I'm absolutely
>> sure
>> I didn't tweak the config file, I just rebooted the box?!
>
>AFAIK, this is named's normal behaviour. When you boot the box it dumps this
>statistics (also known as random crap).

But it does this once EVERY HOUR?!

Any other ideas?!

I mean I can easily filter it with logcheck, but I'm wondering why this
suddenly appears in syslog?!

Thanks,

Ralf

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\