RE: download

<SOAPBOX>
	I agree that it is a bit harsh.  The intent was to awaken the senses; not
to cause offense, but to imply a standard.  My opinion, is such that if you
are going to use Linux and you want to rush into it, because its the neato,
cool, hip, faddish thing to do, go off with all the other children and get
Microsoft Linux (read Red Hat).  If you are serious about Linux, and you
want to learn, to experience, to understand what you are doing, why you are
doing it, you want the BEST distribution of Linux, then choose Debian.  In
the latter case, I do not mind encouraging, helping, even preaching.  One
will find a number of less pleasant people running Debian who will tell you
the same.
	So, once again, my intent was to set a standard.  I believe that you should
attempt to solve a problem yourself, and not just run willy nilly to
Debian-user with just any sort of question.  There is plenty of
documentation in existence.  I myself have violated this premise on occasion
(I try to live by my own preaching).  Sometimes I was flamed, other times I
was earnestly helped.
	Once again, I wanted to get Jason pointed in the right direction, with a
proper mindset.  Additionally, the internet is the last true bastion of
personal freedom and/or the last place to find some semblance of anarchy.  I
don't think it HAS to be a touchy, feely, politically correct environment.
Yes, I am on the fringe.
</SOAPBOX>

Thank you for listening(?) to my rant