spurious printer ?

Hello,

I am trying to setup an hp 5mp printer at home, off the parallel port. I
am running kernel 2.4.2, with parport enabled, as well as the IEEE 1284
option. And the printer seems to be correctly recognized at bootup
(parport0).

I am using lprng for printing, and typing 'lpr somefile' doesn't do
anything... Checking with lpq, I have
'Cannot open /dev/lp0, no such device'...
I have set the permission on lp0 to 622 (I have only one device on the
parallel port).

I am still looking for a config problem on my part. However, I tailed
/var/log/messages, and there is msg 'spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7'.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks,

Matt