Re: etherchannel bonding problems, Something wicked happened

Camm Maguire (camm@enhanced.com) said:

> Greetings!  I'll be doing channel bonding here soon on our cluster as
> well, and was thinking of packaging ifenslave.  I've read somewhere
> that on redhat boxes, this tool is not necessary.  Is this still the
> most 'modern' way of getting this done?  In any case, I hope to have
> more information with which to help you soon.

on redhat boxes, ifenslave is still needed, but it's part of iputils.
the 'ifup' script calls ifenslave automatically when an interface is
configured as a slave.  Users never have to cal ifenslave directly.

==rob

--
Rob Latham: linux A-Team                          Bethlehem, PA USA
EAE8 DE90 85BB 526F 3181                   1FCF 51C4 B6CB 08CC 0897