Re: Email client and conversion from Netscape Mail on win32

Mike Fedyk <mfedyk@matchmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am not on the debian-user list, so please cc me as well as the
> list...
>
> I have been using netscape mail for several years on winblows, and
> have over 50 folders and even more filters.  I have been getting
> about 10,000 messages a month, and now that I'm a LKML reader, it's
> gone even higher.  So, threading support is very important to me.
> So is mail filtering, weather it's with a separate package or not
> doesn't matter.
>
> Now, here's the problem.  I want to convert my email activities over
> to linux.  So, I may as well drop netscape at the same time, if I
> can. I would like to be able to read html mail also. I've looked at
> a couple in the last half hour, and here's what I've come across in
> potato-r2.

Hello.  Have a look at the emacs mail clients.  VM, Gnus, RMail.  They
all provide threading and html viewing through W3, the integrated
browser.  I use gnus to read all of my newsgroups, mailing lists, and
personal mail.  It is highly configurable.  The only caveat is that
the learning curve is slightly steep at first.

Anthony