Re: Configuring NTP

also sprach Steve Witt (on Mon, 05 Mar 2001 02:59:37PM -0800):
> It sounds like NTP isn't really running. Something that I've noticed is
> that there seems to be a maximum time that your computer's clock can be
> off from what NTP thinks is the real time or else NTP just gives up. I

this maximum time is called the max skew and it's 60 seconds... that's
why you have to run ntpdate just before you start ntp. make sure your
runlevel scripts exhibit this behavior. i use filerc, so it's really
easy for me, but you should make sure that the link S??ntpdate appears
in rc[23[45]].d lexicographically before S??ntp.

martin

[greetings from the heart of the sun]# echo madduck@!#:1:s@\@@@.net
--
qvid me anxivs svm?