Re: Gnus or Slrn for newsreader?

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 01:58:07PM -0600, Bud Rogers wrote:
> On Saturday 03 March 2001 13:27, mike polniak wrote:
> > easy to set up and use the gui.But i plan to try Gnus or Slrn.
> I've never used Pan, so I can't compare either of them with it.  I
> tried slrn for a while.  It was OK but never really grabbed me.  Lots
> of people like and recommend it -- I'm sure you'll hear from them.  I
> used  xemacs gnus for both mail and news for years.  It is an acquired
> taste. Most people either love it or don't like it at all.

I am using slrn and it works OK for me.  I have experimented a little
bit with gnus, but never got it to work either for mail or newsgroups.
Maybe I was just too impatient to study all the configuration
detail. Maybe there is an easy way that I do not know of.  Slrn with
slrnpull works without much configuration problems.

Another one you can consider is leafnode which is also not difficult
to configure.

Just a question to the gnus-people: Can you use gnus to read
newsgroups offline like I do with slrnpull and slrn --spool?

Regards.
Johann
--
J.H. Spies - Tel. 082 782 0336.  Posbus 4668, Tygervallei 7536
     "This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will