Who can recommend me a news reader?

Hello list!

Since my change to linux for all my usenet-activities, I used slrn as
my newsreader, because it was easy to use, nice to look and seemed to
be quite powerful. But now, after few months, I begin to miss a
certain feature: slrn doesn't cache the subjects, so you it's not very
easy to find an already read article. After that I looked at some
other readers (e.g. strn, trn, gnus), but none
Has anyone a recommendation for a console-news reader that looks as
much as possible like slrn or mutt, but caches the subjects?

Thanks!

Stephen Rueger

--
"... and on the third day he rebooted into Linux-1.3.84"
(Linus Torvalds, Easter Kernel Release 1996)