mod-ssl

so i established my own certificate authority and have a server
certification - and now i would like to create a new server
certificate, signed by the same ca. however, when i do
mod-ssl-makecert, i get:

diamond:/etc/apache# mod-ssl-makecert
What type of certificate do you want to create ?

1. dummy    (dummy self-signed Snake Oil cert)
2. test     (test cert signed by Snake Oil CA)
3. custom   (custom cert signed by own CA)
4. existing (existing cert)

Use dummy    when you're a  vendor package maintainer,
    test     when you're an admin but want to do tests only,
    custom   when you're an admin willing to run a real server
and existing when you're an admin who upgrades a server.

Normally you'd use "test" (2)

> 4
SSL Certificate Generation Utility (mkcert.sh)
Copyright (c) 1998-2000 Ralf S. Engelschall, All Rights Reserved.

Using existing custom certificate [EXISTING]

mkcert.sh: No certificate file given

my ca.crt is in /etc/apache/ssl.crt/ca.crt, and the key is in
/etc/apache/ssl.key/ca.key

any help appreciated!
martin

[greetings from the heart of the sun]# echo madduck@!#:1:s@\@@@.net
--
micro$oft windoze: proof that p. t. barnum was correct.