Re: Is it possible to downgrade a Debian system from testing to stable?

On Sun Mar  4 13:34:34 2001 mike polniak wrote...

>Gavin Hamill wrote:
>> On Sun, 4 Mar 2001, Dave Sherohman wrote:
>>
>> > No, it won't.  When you run the dist-upgrade, apt will see that all packages
>> > on the system are already at least as new as those available (testing's
>> > version numbers are higher than stable's) and do nothing at all.
>>
>> I thought that this was one of the new features of apt 0.5, that it WILL
>> downgrade when dists are changed? Maybe I misheard/misinterpreted ://
>
>	apt 0.5 is in unstable. From the man page:
>
>A specific version of a package can be selected for installation by
>following the package name with an equals and the version of the package
>to select. This will cause that version to be located and selected for
>install. Alternatively a specific distribution can be selected by
>following the package name with a slash and the version of the
>distribution or the Archive name (stable, frozen, unstable).
>
>Both of the version selection mechansims can downgrade packages and must
>be used with care

	So, does this mean I'm screwed?

	Or, perhaps I could manualy ftp atp-get from unstable, use dpkg to install it,
	and try to downgrade?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.