Re: [OT] vmware / boot floppy

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 04:40:56PM -0500, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 12:47:51PM -0600, ktb wrote:
> > I'm trying to set up vmware in order to test debian boot floppys.
> > VMware installed fine on slink, 2.4.1 kernel.
> > The problem I'm having is when I try to install potato as a test with
> > boot.bin I get the message, "Operating system not found"
> > The virtual bios is set to boot off the floppy.  The seek light on the
> > A drive comes on when I boot in the vmware environment.
> >
> > Anyone know how I can get vmware to boot off the floppy?
>
>     I believe that you actually have to set up an OS for the VM first before
> it will do anything. Try the configuration wizard.

Ya, I've already run the configuration wizard and am at the point
where you install the OS.  When I boot vmware it won't pick up
the boot medium on the floppy.  It will boot off cd but that
doesn't help much when the whole purpose of installing this is
testing boot floppies.  I've tried various boot floppies.  The
ones I'm using work fine in a "normal" environment, so it has to
be something with vmware.
Thanks,
kent

--