[OT] vmware / boot floppy

I'm trying to set up vmware in order to test debian boot floppys.
VMware installed fine on slink, 2.4.1 kernel.
The problem I'm having is when I try to install potato as a test with
boot.bin I get the message, "Operating system not found"
The virtual bios is set to boot off the floppy.  The seek light on the
A drive comes on when I boot in the vmware environment.

Anyone know how I can get vmware to boot off the floppy?
Thanks,
kent

--
 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted