X Setup

I installed X windows 4.0.1 and all the packages (including debconf).
I got no dependency errors(I downloaded ALL files for X from the website). The config program never ran. I've even tried reistalling and dpkg-reconfigure. XF86Setup and XF86Config do not exist. This is a fresh install of debian 2.2r2 with only the base installed (ie no extra packages). I've installed 4.0.1 before without any trouble. Debconf came up without a hitch (much better than XF86Setup).

Any idea on how I can get X setup??

any help or ideas are greatly appreciated

Jess