Re: / is suddenly 100% used

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 01:23:02AM -0800, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> ***NEVER*** delete large files on an impacted filesystem, *unless* you
> first zero them out, *and* insure nothing's accessing them:

    Isn't that a flaw in the system then? I can understand if a process still
has the file open, but the file should be flagged for deletion. You should
never be able to permanently damage the filesystem in this way. If you reboot
the machine, will the space be properlly deallocated?

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be  dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead." -- RFC 1925