Re: an awful mutt thing just happened

Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org> wrote:
>you know how you hit "c" to open other mailboxes and it says:
>
>   Open mailbox ('?' for list):
>
>well, i can no longer use '?' to see the list of mailboxes.  it does
>nothing; it simply drops me back to the main mailbox index.
>
>the only thing i can think of is that i *just* updated woody using apt-get.
>i don't know if mutt was one of the packages that got updated.
>
>does some kind soul have any ideas what might be going on?

Always check bug reports when you're running testing/unstable :)

http://bugs.debian.org/86228, and two other bugs. c <TAB> is a
workaround.

>now that i can't access my mailboxes, can you cc this account with a reply?

Done.

>debian-user goes to a folder (via procmail), and the only way i have to read
>my debian mail is by using vi on the mailbox it gets sent to.

Surely you could type the folder name in manually, even without knowing
the TAB trick?

>a second wierd mutt thing.  as root, when i run mutt, it says:
>
>   /var/spool/mail/root: Permission denied (errno = 13)

Not sure, I redirect root mail to a mailbox in my unprivileged account.