Re: ghost for linux?

Hmm, I would think the old 'tar' trick is safer than using dd (unless the disks are completly
identical):

Mount from disk and the to disk in under a booted linux, so like from/ and to/
then

(cd from; tar -cpf - .) | (cd ../to; tar -xpf -)

There are probably some arguments I'm forgetting to make sure that links and such go correctly and
permissions are maintained.

I suspect it wouldn't be that hard to make a rescue disk or a version of a one disk linux that would
automate this and or do it via a network, either by streaming tar over a socket somehow or using
NFS.

HTH
In message <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.1010301175152.653C-100000@Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com>it was written: