Re: [OT] mutt colors vs. TERM types

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 09:15:17PM -0500, Christopher Mosley wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, will trillich wrote:
>
> > when using mutt under termtype 'linux' (i.e. `setenv TERM linux`)
> > mutt's headers and 'active selection' bars flash, driving me
> > nuts. when i change to `setenv TERM vt220-color` it's a nice,
> > calm green and blue, with no flash.
>
> Since vt220-color is not a "real" term type. Is this
> the terminfo I (cmosley) gave you or someone quite a while ago for an
> apple vt220 emulation - the problem being that you could not get color
> using the standard vt220 ? Or maybe something you put together yourself?

i'm trying 'xterm-color' and it's working pretty well in most
instances. the most aggravating thing is when exiting LESS or
VIM the screen is cleared. sometimes it's nice to ^Z out and
still have some on-screen reference to refer to as i diddle
around with a grep or locate or find, before hopping back in.
with 'xterm-color' the scren is reset, all text erased.
using 'vt220-color' vim and less don't reset the screen...
and with 'linux' TERM, i get the flashing headers, without
the screen-reset... which FM amd i looking for?

--
It is always hazardous to ask "Why?" in science, but it is often
interesting to do so just the same.

will@serensoft.com