Re: ESS ES1898 Chipset Sound Card

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 09:59:03AM -0600, Horburapa Mongkol-Q13382 wrote:
| Yes, I meant "No-Name Brand". :)
|
| Could you tell me what you add in modules.conf to make it work?

I have an ESS 1869.  As far as RH's sndconfig tool is concerned, it is
the same as the 1868.  My modules.conf has :

alias sound sb
alias midi opl3
options opl3 io=0x388
options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 mpu_io=0x330

As it says in the comments at the beginning of /etc/modules.conf, you
shouldn't edit it by hand.  Instead, put the lines in the following
files :

/etc/modutils/aliases :
    alias sound sb
    alias midi opl3

/etc/modutils/opl3 :
    options opl3 io=0x388

/etc/modutils/sb :
    options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 mpu_io=0x330

then run /sbin/update-modules as root.  The purpose of this is to
allow tools to automatically update your modules.conf file as needed
without losing any custom changes you may have.  Instead you edit
separate files that are specific to what you want, and let
update-modules combine it appropriately into modules.conf.

-D