From: D-Man [mailto:dsh8290@rit.edu]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 8:43 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: ESS ES1898 Chipset Sound Card

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 11:58:07PM -0600, Horburapa Mongkol-Q13382 wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I have a No Brand name PCI sound card with ESS ES1898 Allegro Chipset.
| Please anyone knows which sound module I have to use for this sound card?

BTW, I think you mean "No-Name Brand" ;-)

I have an ESS 18[69][89] sound card at home.  (I don't recall exactly
which digits it ends in)  I use the sound blaster module (sb)
and one of the opl3 modules.  After I get home I'll check my
modules.conf.  The sound cards works just fine with the proper DMA
configuration.  (I had the DMA channel wrong for a long time and sound
was horrible -- I disabled it so I wouldn't have to suffer, then I
eventually checked all the settings and found I needed to adjust the
DMA channel now everything is beautiful)

-D