Re: Any problems with this hardware?

1) I've seen a Duron+Gigabyte w/ SB128 installed, so you shouldn't expect
much trouble there.

2) The 2MX is great. However, you'll *need* to have X4 installed to be
able to get out of console.
(I think that apt-get install task-x-window-system[-core] from testing
should do the trick.)
Then you get the basic "nv" driver so you can have a so-so working X.

However I <emphasis>recommend</emphasis> getting the drivers from nvidia.
You should also read this:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Nvidia-OpenGL-Configuration/index.html

a document you really should refer to, and also to nvidia's FAQ. With it,
just follow the step-by-step instructions, it's (mostly) a no-brainer.
They all did a pretty good job...

Good Luck,
Romain